Homemade Mayo with Coconut and Avocado Oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- sprinkle of garlic powder and/or paprika (optional)
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature
- Pour your oils into something that will allow you to drizzle it out slowly. I use my glass Pyrex measuring cup and that works great. Reserve 1/4 cup of the avocado oil.
- Place egg, 1/4 cup avocado oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, mustard, garlic, paprika into jar (for immersion blender) or blender or food processor bowl, and blend until creamy.
- With the immersion blender (or blender or food processor) running slowly, VERY slowly drizzle the rest of the oil into the egg mixture.
- The whole process takes about 5 minutes. Don’t rush it, just be patient, and stay focused on the drizzle.
- Will keep in the fridge for about a week.