Gluten Free Vegetable Pot Pie
for Pie Dough:
- 1.5 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks butter or butter replacement (such as Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup ice cold water, plus a few more splashes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 leek, white and green parts only, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 sweet potato, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (white or cremini)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (almond, cashew, coconut, etc)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, roughly chopped
- Cut the buttery sticks into one-inch cubes. Place them on a plate in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Put the flour and salt into a large food processor. Pulse them together a few times until the flour is fluffy and aerated. Add the butter cubes. Pulse ten times. Your flour mixture should now look sandy, with some butter chunks still visible.
- Pour in the ½ cup of ice-cold water. Pulse five times. Look at the dough. If it still looks a bit dry, add a splash more water, not exceeding another ¼ cup. The finished dough should like curds of dry cottage cheese. Do not add anymore water.
- Forming the dough into a disk. Dump the dough onto a clean, cool surface (a piece of parchment paper works well). Gently gather all the dough together in your hands. Working quickly, take half the dough, make it into a ball, then flatten it into a plump disk, about 2 inches tall. Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Do the same with the remaining dough.
- While the dough is chilling you can make your pot pie filling. Heat 1/2 of the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add in the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, bell pepper, sweet potato and leek. Stir frequently and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Add in the white wine and turn the heat down to medium-low, cover and allow the vegetables to simmer and steam for about 15-minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile heat a medium pan over a medium-high heat and add the remaining olive oil. Add in the mushrooms and saute until they are browned and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the other vegetables and sprinkle the flour over the vegetables, stir to evenly distribute and add the vegetable broth, sage and frozen peas. Stir to combine and break up the flour clumps, it should immediately start to thicken.
- Add in the non-dairy milk. Stir. You can add more broth if the mixture gets too thick. Allow to simmer on low for another 5 minutes, to cook the peas, then turn off the heat.
- Once the filling is done, set it aside to cool slightly.
- You are now ready to assemble your pot pie. Take the pie dough disks out of the refrigerator and let them sit out for 15 minutes or so, and preheat the oven to 425°.
- For rolling out the dough you can either work on a floured countertop, a floured marble pastry board, or two pieces of parchment paper. Be sure to use plenty of gluten-free flour on your surface when rolling it out. When using parchment paper you could even lightly oil the paper.
- Roll out the pie dough to slightly larger than your pie pan.
- Now, if you have worked with the parchment paper, lift the top paper, put the pie pan on top of the dough, and flip it over. Carefully, strip away the parchment paper. Pat the dough down into the pan.
- Fill the pie with the filling. Pat it down.
- Roll out the remaining dough the same way. Lay it onto the pie gently. And if the dough sticks and breaks, just pat the pieces together.
- Tuck the edges into the crust.
- Cut a few slits into the top crust. Place a sheet pan on the bottom rack of the oven, under the rack where the pie pan will be, to catch any potential drip overs. Place the pie pan into the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 425ºF, then turn the temperature down to 375°F. Bake until the juices are bubbling out of the pie (this may or may not actually happen depending on how juicy or thick your pot pie filling is) and the crust is browned, about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Allow the pot pie to cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
But some individuals become confused when trying to get medications from the Web because they don’t know what is obtainable. Online drugstores provides millions recipe medicines and vitamins. Now ten percent of men aged 40 to 70 were unable to maintain an erection during sex. It affects men of all races. Now a lot of articles were published about viagra cost. Nowadays many men search online for the exact keyword “cost of viagra” on Google. The very substantial question you need look for is “price comparison per pill“. Young men with sexual heartiness problems need vocational help. Mostly in this situation, cognitive behavioral therapy is the treatment used. Before buying Viagra or any other drug, discribe your heartiness care professional your health history. The doctor may refer you to other professionals, including a urologist and other counselors. Keep this remedy out of reach of children. For instance the liquid medications from choice must be kept in the cool place, but other may be stored at room temperature.