Roasted Red Kuri Pumpkin and Coconut SoupNote: You can substitute butternut or some other yellow or orange fleshed winter squash for the Kuri
- 4 to 4 1/2 pounds red Kuri squash
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 small shallots
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger, from a 3-inch long piece
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dried red chili, about 2 inches long (optional)
- One 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Juice of 1 lime, about 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 small shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Use a heavy, sharp knife or cleaver to cut the squash into quarters. Place these quarters in a roasting pan and bake for 1 hour. (Alternate method: Place each squash directly in the oven, whole. Bake for 20 minutes or until soft enough to cut in half with little effort. Cut in quarters, place in a baking dish, and roast for 40 more minutes or until the skin can be easily peeled away from the flesh.)
- Put the squash aside for 15 minutes or until it is cool enough to be easily handled. When cool, peel the skin away from the squash flesh. You should have about 3 packed cups of roasted squash.
- In a 4-quart or larger pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil or butter over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic, shallots, and ginger, and fry in the oil for about a minute. Add the tomato paste and fry for another minute. Turn the heat down and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the shallots are beginning to really soften. Add the curry powder and crumble in the red chili. Fry for another minute, then add the squash. Turn the heat back up to medium and fry the squash with the aromatics for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the coconut milk and broth and bring to a light simmer. Lower the heat and cover the pot. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and puree the soup with a hand blender, or pour the soup in batches into a blender and carefully puree it there, holding the top down with a towel. Add the salt in 1/2-teaspoon increments, tasting as you go, and stir in the juice of the lime. Serve immediately, with the toppings.
For the toppings:
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the coconut. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the coconut is lightly toasted and brown. Immediately pour the coconut out onto a plate.
- Wipe the skillet out and return to medium heat. Add the oil. When the oil is quite hot, add the thinly sliced shallots. Fry in the oil over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until their edges just begin to turn brown. Turn off the heat and immediately lift the shallots out of the oil with a slotted spoon. Put on a plate to cool.
- Both the coconut and fried shallots can be kept for up to a few days in an airtight sealed container.
But some individuals get confused when trying to get medications from the Web because they don’t know what is obtainable. Online drugstores provides millions recipe medicines and vitamins. Now ten percent of men aged 40 to 70 were unable to maintain an hard-on during sex. It affects men of all races. Now a lot of articles were published about viagra cost. Nowadays many men search online for the exact keyword “cost of viagra” on Google. The highly substantial problem you need look for is “price comparison per pill“. Young men with sexual health problems need professional help. Mostly in this situation, cognitive behavioral therapy is the treatment used. Before buying Viagra or any other preparation, discribe your health care professional your soundness history. The doctor may refer you to other professionals, including a urologist and other counselors. Keep this remedy out of reach of children. For instance the liquid medications from choice must be kept in the cool place, but other may be stored at room temperature.