- 1/2 tsp yellow or brown mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 or 2 chopped jalapenos, remove seeds for less heat
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 medium zucchini
- 1 – 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, chopped
- Toast mustard and cumin seeds and allow to cool.
- Pound garlic, jalapeños (to taste), and ginger to a paste with 1 tsp salt in a mortar and pestle (or mince and mash with a large heavy knife).
- Stir in curry powder, coriander, mustard and cumin seeds.
- Heat oil, then sauté onion until golden, about 8 minutes. Add curry paste and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook, stirring, until it begins to appear moist, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and remaining teaspoon of salt, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with cilantro and cashews, over rice.