Grain Free Granola
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place nuts and seeds in a large bowl, cover with water and soak overnight
- Place raisins in a separate bowl, cover with 1/2 to 1 cup water and soak overnight.
- Place the raisins along with their soaking water in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- In a fine mesh metal strainer, drain and rinse the nuts and seeds, discarding the soaking water.
- Add nuts and seeds to raisin puree in food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped, to the consistency of granola, then add vanilla, cinnamon and salt and pulse briefly to incorporate these final ingredients.
- Transfer mixture onto two large parchment lined baking sheets.
- To make live granola, place in the oven on the lowest setting for 24 hours.
- Or bake for 45 minutes at 250 degrees.
- Optional: add shredded coconut before baking.