Raw Chocolate Mousse
- 2 Medium size ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup soaked and pitted dates – set them to soak anywhere from 10 minutes to overnight, until they are soft and will blend smooth
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (non-alcohol is tastier, then you don’t have the alcohol flavor)
- Pinch of sea salt
- dash cayenne
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest. I keep organic orange peel in my freezer. Just throw the peels in a bag whenever you have an orange, and then when you need the peel, pull it out and grate it frozen, right into your recipe.
- 3-5 tablespoons raw cacao powder (or to taste)
- Water – enough so blender will run smoothly, about ¼ cup or a little more (or if you happen to have coconut water hanging around, this adds a wonderful flavor)
In a Vitamix or blender, blend well. Put in small dishes and refrigerate. This lasts several days in the fridge (if you can resist it for that long!).