Make Your Own Tacos
This component meal uses corn or rice tortillas as the “wrapper”. Try Food for Life Sprouted Corn Tortillas available at Whole Foods, Garden of Eatin’ Yellow Corn Taco Shells at www.vitacost.com, or Food for Life Whole Grain Brown Rice Tortillas at www.glutenfreepalace.com or Whole Foods.
If you’re feeling adventurous, here is an easy recipe for making your own sprouted corn tortillas: http://www.homemademommy.net/2013/08/homemade-corn-tortillas.html
And here is an easy way to make your own hard shells from soft ones: http://www.momables.com/how-to-make-hard-crunchy-taco-shells/
The beauty of the component meal is that there is no right or wrong, no ingredient you need to have, you choose what you and your family like, and each person can construct their own meal. The following list is made up of suggestions to which you can add, subtract and edit.
1. Ground beef: Cook grass-fed ground beef in a skillet, add taco seasoning (see recipe below) if desired.
2. Beans: You can use black beans or pinto beans, or any kind you like really. For canned beans, choose Eden brand with no BPA in the lining, available at vitacost.com. Rinse the canned beans and warm with some cumin, tomato paste, and a little honey. Or add the taco seasoning (recipe below).
If you want to cook your beans from scratch, here is a good easy to follow recipe: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-beans-on-the-stove-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-182717
3. Salsa: I like Green Mountain Gringo Salsa. Comes in mild, medium, hot, fire roasted garlic or roasted chile pepper. Available at vitacost.com.
If you want to make your own, here’s a recipe for a roasted tomato salsa:
- 9 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 white onion, quartered
- 1-3 jalapeno peppers (optional), remove seeds and chop
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- coarse salt
Put first four ingredients on a baking sheet and broil until tomatoes are charred, approximately 7 minutes. Allow to cool, then peel the garlic and combine everything in a blender with 1 tbs salt. Add water as needed, and more salt to taste.
4. Guacamole – you can keep it simple: just avocados, lime or lemon juice, and salt, mash it altogether. Or you can add some extras like chopped tomatoes, red onion, cilantro. Sometimes it’s fun to mix the salsa into the avocados for a really quick and tasty 2 in 1 guacamole.
5. Chopped lettuce and tomatoes
6. Corn (frozen corn thawed)
7. Sauteed Greens with Garlic
9. Taco Seasoning (use in the beef or the beans).
Here’s a recipe to make and keep with all your spices:
- 1/2 cup dried minced onion, or onion powder
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 1/8 cup garlic powder
- 1/8 cup ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
10. Pico de Gallo – combine all the ingredients in a bowl:
- 1 1/2 cups seeded, diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Salt and pepper
11. Cilantro – You may have used it already in your guacamole, or your salsa, or even your pico de gallo. But if you love it, you might want to have some more chopped to sprinkle on top!
12. Tortilla of choice – see top of the page.
But some individuals become confused when trying to get medications from the Web because they don’t know what is obtainable. Online drugstores provides millions prescription medicines and vitamins. Now ten percent of men aged 40 to 70 were unable to maintain an erection during sex. It affects men of all races. Now a lot of articles were published about . Nowadays many men search online for the exact keyword “” on Google. The very vital matter you need look for is “”. Young men with sexual heartiness problems need professional help. Mostly in this situation, cognitive behavioral therapy is the treatment used. Before buying Viagra or any other preparation, discribe your health care professional your health story. The doctor may refer you to other professionals, including a urologist and other counselors. Keep this remedy out of reach of children. For instance the liquid medications from choice must be kept in the cool place, but other may be stored at room temperature.